Thread: Kobo won't sync
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #7
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
I bought "The Last Templar" from Kobo a couple nights ago. I stripped the drm, adjusted the margins (or so I thought) and loaded it through calibre (like I always do). For whatever reason the book still has about 1"-1 1/2" on either side and at the bottom. So I tried loading the drm infected book through calibre with the same result. Then I loaded through ADE, again it's the same. So finally I gave up and tried using the kobo desktop app. Well, it won't sync. I get the same error message telling me that it can't connect to the network and to try again later (nothing to do with my firewall).

I had this happen with "The Strain" but I was able to sync with the desktop app so I was still able to read it, just with Kobo's crappy margins. I can't read it if the margins are so huge that there's only max. 4 words per line of text.

My question is: If my db is f*cked and I replace it using the steps provided by Pholy (thank you for that!) will I then be able to use the desktop app to sync my reader? Or does this have nothing to do with my db?
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote