View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 03:01 PM   #24
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Tried this?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208863

I've seen a couple other converters around too.
That, as I understand it, would also require me to go out and purchase MS-Word. That's a bit spendy just to convert some AmiPro files and retrieve my old newspaper columns.

It's been six months or a year since I looked, but I couldn't find anything that seemed promising back then. If you (or anyone!) knows of a standalone converter for .sam files, or anything that plugs into OOo, please let me know.
@#$@!& proprietary formats ....

Y'know, if AmiPro supported long file names (yeah, it's a Win 3.1 dinosaur) I'd probably still be using it. It was fast, slick, efficient, and exactly what I needed for writing and lightweight DTP. Sure, modern word processors can do everything, but I don't want to do everything.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote