View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 01:57 PM   #270
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsip View Post
Hello!

I have stumpled upon a pdf where I get little squares at certain positions (in the output), which are not displayed in the original pdf.

It looks like this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...1&d=1245613602

The pdf in question is this one:
http://linguistics.buffalo.edu/peopl...G_overview.pdf

I guess ghostscript lacks a sign here or something like that? Any recommendations on how to get rid of those? Because in some cases they seem to be at the same position as the following letter and the two kind of "merge", which is quite annoying.. (see the "General" in the attached image).
They look like a tab character. It may be that Ghostscript doesn't handle a tab correctly or recognize it, although that would be a stupid bug. Typically a square means that the character is not recognized. Often that is because it is missing from the font set being used and can be fixed by changing fonts but this looks like changing fonts won't help. I suspect you are stuck with it unless you can get the Ghostscript guys to fix their code or perhaps there is a later version. What does it look like in Adobe?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote