View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 08:59 AM   #9
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Mounting, in computer science, is the process of making a file system ready for use by the operating system, typically by reading certain index data structures from storage into memory ahead of time. The term recalls a period in the history of computing when an operator had to physically place (mount) a magnetic tape or hard disk on a spindle before using it.
Okay, I've been using linux for a long time but only just now found out the historical reasons why it is called mount - or 'mapping a drive' for the windows crowd. I almost fear to go look up grep.

global regular expression print?

That's disappointing. Anyway, to get back on track, I don't think you mount the prs-500 as the prs-505 is the one that you mount like a regular filesystem.

Last edited by acidzebra; 08-20-2008 at 09:03 AM.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote