View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 01:37 AM   #15
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
In video games, the used market is something a lot of the big publishers and such are trying to combat, since they don't see any of the money from the re-sale of the games. I haven't read anything about them lobbying to make used games illegal to sell (Gamestop would go out of business pretty much immediately, I imagine), but there's been murmurs of the next consoles having a built in lock that prevents the system from playing a used game, somehow.
This is already done on PC games and digital market.

In digital world I see this as acceptable practice, I can't resell my games, but on other hand I can wait for them and almost every time get them from sales, so I pay 10-50% of the price. Also good services like Steam make life much easier if you have good internet connection.

Still, it's purely wrong if this is done for physical products. Not sure if they can enforce it though...
Ekaros is offline   Reply With Quote