View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #8
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I think it still happens in camera gear but you risk not having a manufacturer warranty. At one time Nikon did not honor grey market item warranties (item S/N's are different by region) while Canon still did. Not sure if that changed at all.

First sale doctrine has been under fire for a very long time. I think I recall Autodesk trying to prevent resale of AutoCAD software many years ago. Too many of our purchases are now just licensed, so we don't ever "own" them. E-books with DRM are like this today. We can't resell our e-books.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote