View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 03:15 AM   #3
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
It reminds me of when some authors/publishers were wanting to a piece of the used book market. i.e. they wanted to add a charge to Amazon, B&N and others' used book prices. The question was then raised about whether Ford and GM would start getting a cut when a guy sold his old pickup truck to someone. That question was basically laughed at and quickly forgotten.

I am sure these new dumb ideas will also be laughed at and quickly forgotten.

added ---
I read a little more into the cases and it seems the problem is when an item is meant to be sold cheaper abroad than in the USA. Some guy imported some text books and sold them on e-bay (as new) cheaper than they could be purchased in the USA. That is not exactly the used market.
I don't know what will happen.

I don't think you can get a new Toyota truck in Japan and ship it over here for a price that is less than buying it in America. But if it were used, I can't see a problem.

And to indicate that I am aware of some of these things. There is the case when you buy a vehicle or aircraft abroad, and ship it to the USA, it has to meet the US emissions and safety requirements, etc. If necessary the vehicle has to be retrofitted and inspected.

Last edited by SeaKing; 06-14-2012 at 03:32 AM.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote