View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #56
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
The point you seem to be missing is that IF Amazon's "competence" were
to be 100% effective and you had an exclusive contract, it would be
imposable for me, or anyone not a Kindle (including the apps) user to buy
or read your ebooks.

Hmm... If an ebook given to a friend or relative were never opened by that
friend or relative, would that be a lost sale? (If it were a physical book it
might.) What if you gave a copy of the file to someone and then never
read your copy? or deleted your copy?

Luck;
Ken
I think the Kindle Apps are free so that shouldn't be a problem and besides the e-books, you can always do what I commonly do and wait for the paper back or even the used book. I love buying books for .01USD and 3.99USD shipping. In fact I prefer the used paperback for all my background, reference and study texts because I can put multiple bookmarks in them and have them laying about ready to pick up and use as needed.

As for your second point, I think you are starting to wax philosophical along the lines of the tree falling in the forest with no one there to hear it, or maybe even a cat in a box or something.

I will throw my own at you that would fit in the forest scenario. "Lets not bark up that tree."

As for the cat, I would never risk a cat like that. I like cats, though I prefer my neighbors cats because I don't have to feed them, and yet they perform their pest catching chores on my property as well as my neighbors.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote