View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 05:43 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Question Streaming Music -- UPnP server alternatives

I recently bought a Rockford Omnifi DMS1 media player that streams audio over ethernet or wifi from your desktop mp3 collection to a device that you put by your stereo. It has both a tv display and a device text display and remote control.

The included media streamer only handles up to 10,000 tracks, so I'm looking for alternatives. All I need is a [size=-1]UPnP server. The only one I'm aware of so far is Orb.com, but I've heard the interface is not so great. I don't need to stream over the internet, just to my DMS1 at home. (And when I get a wifi-enabled PDA, to that also.)

[/size][size=-1]Free is preferred, but not necessary. Mainstream and popular is more important because it means it's more likely to work without giving me a lot of trouble!

[/size][size=-1]So, anyone know where I can find more info on alternatives, including suggestions of the simplest and best that do UPnP for about 30,000 tracks?

Thanks!
[/size]
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote