View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #4
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
It's really a mixed bag.
For a handful of books, it has helped me big times. I recently read Pride and Prejudice with X-Ray and it did help keep the characters straight, even though I was busy at work and picking up the book only every 3-4 days.
But it is either off or very basic for most books.
I have a version of Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations with X-Ray and it's pretty much pointless.

While I would not call it a 'gimmick', I think Amazon's advertising is misleading. Sure, they make it clear it is not available on ALL books. But they don't make it clear that it is not available on 90% of the books. And, while you can see if a particular book has X-Ray enabled or not, you cannot figure out whether it is useful or not - the quality really varies from book to book.

Last edited by vxf; 12-07-2012 at 08:51 PM.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote