View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #49
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonReader View Post
I just wonder why this pleasant forum has descended into the boring hell of fanboi wars.
People should just buy what they personally prefer, as the Android phones, the iPhone and the MS phones are all competent products.

[snip]
I am so fed up with this journalistic prostitution that I won't buy an Apple product just for this reason alone. Yet I am not going to complain if my wife buys an iPhone to add to her other Apple stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonReader View Post
Back when the 4s was released all the Apple Hooray-Henrys told us how its 3,5" screen was just the perfect size and form factor for a phone. Now the very same people are telling us how splendid the new size and form is. Now, I understand why some people prefer a smaller screen while others prefer a larger one. Just cut the BS of always presenting just the current iPhone size as the very thing.
That's just like all additional specs of other phones are "marginal" - right to the moment when Apple catches up.
If you don't like the fanboi wars raging on MR, your first step should be to recognize that you are part of the problem. Which is caused, IMO, in large part by Apple haters coming on to the forum and posing content-free posts in an attempt to bait people who use Apple products, and often with the result of hijacking completely unrelated threads.

Which is not to say that there isn't room for a lot of criticism of Apple; there certainly is. But turning MR into an Apple hate zone isn't good for anyone.

As for the 3.5" size - there are tens of millions of people who use Apple products. Many were happy with the 3.5" size, and many wanted something larger. People are different like that. If you have cites calling out certain people for hypocrisy, feel free to post it. But otherwise there's no reason to assume that people happy about the larger phone are the "very same people" saying last year that there shouldn't be a larger phone.

And if you think journalistic prostitution only happens on the Apple side, you should get out more.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote