View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 01:09 AM   #2
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Most topaz books are older books that have been converted to eBook format using a scanner. And yes, the fonts are fixed.

The solution is to convert them to mobi format using Calibre. However, to do that, you need to remove the DRM, since Calibre can't convert a protected book, and most of the topaz books are protected.

I just bought a book yesterday that came in Topaz. I was momentarily annoyed, since I wasn't near my computer and had downloaded it directly to the Kindle (not my usual workflow.) But, as soon as I got home to the computer, I cleaned it up and converted and then reuploaded to my Kindle so that my font preferences were used.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote