View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #43
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keryl Raist View Post
My characters drink Pepsi and Dr. Pepper, one drives a Toyota Camry, and several bands and books are also mentioned by name, in addition to trips to McDonalds and Starbucks. No one has paid me a cent for it. I just wanted to make sure the world they lived in was very real.

But, that is the sort of advertising, or say, just having terms, places, and things that you can click on, that wouldn't bother me. The idea of having a scene where a character does drink a Pepsi with a little hyperlink that can connect you to a Pepsi coupon might be interesting. The big thing is doing it so that it's not intrusive. I don't want to read page after page of hundreds of name brand items.
The links work until almost every word is linked. I've seen some websites like this and it makes it virtually impossible to actually read and comprehend the page. There is too much push in our world and Internet these days and not enough pull.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote