View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #26
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post
We've discussed Vooks on various threads in the forum, but I think they're just a start. I think books embedded with other media have growth potential, with school books as a key.

Many readers dismiss the possibilities of media+ books now, but I think kids will grow up with them and they'll be perfectly comfortable with 'em.

As things develop, there will be good uses and bad uses of media+ books. No sense ruling out the possibilities so early in the game, I figure.
it's already hard enough to get my daughter to read books, rather than just appreciate the (ever larger) pictures or drop it altogether and get to play some casual flash game (even ye old games like Super Mario is way too hardcore for her).

I can only imagine the fine art of interpreting text, reading in-between lines and letting imagination roll to fill in details is doomed and we're well into the path to Idiocracy, if not there already...
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote