Thread: Duokan FAQ
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #21
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polvo View Post
I haven't tried this but that's what it says on the Chinese FAQ which some of the above FAQ is based on.
I had TTS right after installation. It worked with the dictionary also, with the default female and male voices. I then installed the aforementioned WyabdcRealPeopleTTS in system/dict. All this gives you is a nice female voice for the dictionary. It does nothing for the book TTS. It is a whopping 166mb folder (my poor Kindle was glowing and giving off smoke as I copied it over, and I heard the terrified voices of the 300 books that it displaced!).

All in all, not very important unless you like your dictionary to read to you.

Would there be a way to install this for the book TTS? Somehow, I doubt it.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote