View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:27 AM   #5
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Thanks for that, JB. Yes, I am familiar with the various flavours of Linux. But that's not the issue here.

I happen to have acquired a Windows 8 tablet, and I thought I would use it for reading technical books and journals - the type that don't fit well on my physical Kindle's relatively small screen. That's why I was interested in the Kindle for Windows program.

I've now got the "old" version of that program working on the tablet, and it meets all my requirements.

(Next job: see how well Calibre works.)

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote