View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
Pete731
Connoisseur
Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo; Nexus 7
Hi, and a couple of questions

Hi everybody, I found an Aluratek Libre Pro on sale as open box at Future Shop for 39.99$, so I got it as a back up for my Kobo Vox (which I love, but it's big and has short battery life). It seems to be working well, I got a cheap generic 2 GB SD card to go with it. I am enjoying it, but have 2 questions/issues that I was hoping for some advice on.
1. Bookmarks don't seem to stay. I press the menu button, then bookmark this page, then a little paperclip appears in the header. But if I go back to the main menu, the book opens to the first page next time I open the book. What am I doing wrong/should be doing?
2. When I plug it into my PC (Vista 64 bit), both the internal memory and sd card show up, and I can open them to explore files. But when I try to copy and paste, or drag and drop epubs, pdfs or mp3s onto either, I get an error message "The disk is write-protected. Remove the write protection or use another disk"
The thing is, if I remove the SD card, and put into the card reader in my computer, I can copy files back and forth with no problem.;
So it's not a serious issue, since I'm storing all media on the SD anyway, but was wondering if this was normal, or if it indicates a problem?
Pete731 is offline   Reply With Quote