View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 01:17 AM   #15
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
I selected the 4th option "None" because I just loved the phrasing of that choice and because it was the most accurate!
For me this would depend on how offensive I found the topic of disagreement and whether or not it was obvious in the author's work.
I've certainly been disappointed to discover certain things about some authors whose work I enjoy. But as long as it doesn't impact on the storyline in their books I wouldn't let it influence any future purchasing decisions. However if it was something that I found truely offensive then I probably wouldn't enjoy the books as much and so may choose to avoid them anyway - not as a boycott but because I wouldn't enjoy reading the book if I was preoccupied with whatever nasty thing they had said or done.

Sadly for a new author whose work I wasn't familiar with I might be swayed against them by their public persona and decide that I didnt' want to read their work as I wouldn't have the prior experience of their writing style to convince me otherwise.

EDIT: So I could probably have chosen number 2 "Maybe" but I just loved option 4!

Last edited by HarleyB; 09-09-2011 at 01:21 AM.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote