View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 08:54 PM   #1
Texfire
Texfire began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Greetings from Texas

Howdy, nice to find this little niche of the Internet. I'm a long time entry level computer geek and technophile, but a newcomer to the ebook scene. I decided to take the jump with the arrival of eInk. After a lot of research, most of it in stealth mode on these forums, I decided on a Sony PRS-500.

A little about me, I'm a firefighter, hence the really original forum name... what can I say, I've had it for years.

I live in Austin, which is a lovely place to live unless you are looking to move in which case it's really hot and overcrowded. I've been playing computer games since I started off with an Atari 2600. My first PC game was Wing Commander in college on a screaming 386. It's been a lost cause ever since then.

I broke down earlier this year and bought an Ipod. I had a iRiver iHP-100 (what is it with lowercase letters and electronics anyway?) which was a great piece of equipment, but finally was swayed over to the Apple camp by that darned intuitive interface. I'm feeling a little deja vu with the Sony reader, as I absolutely loathe Sony and all forms of DRM, but wanted something with eInk that wouldn't break the bank to play with and Sony looked like the best choice for that and would at least play non DRM files. I'm looking forward to taking all my favorite online stories and loading them on my new toy.

Tex
Texfire is offline   Reply With Quote