View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 12:26 PM   #66
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
But do you think that Amazon were right to remove the content under these specific circumstances? I do, because otherwise Amazon would have knowingly left illegal content on those machines, and that's plainly not the right thing to do.

Amazon routinely delete content from Kindles. Everybody who buys a Kindle knows this - or does if they bother to read their user agreement. You sound as though it's a big surprise. It really isn't, you know.
Forgive me, Harry, but I think you are looking at this from the wrong perspective.

It's wrong and should be illegal for Amazon to make it possible for itself to remove content (illegal or otherwise) from your device.

If they did not go out of their way to make this technically doable, no lawyer in the world could get them convicted for not doing the impossible (i.e.: deleting your books).

- Ahi

Last edited by ahi; 07-18-2009 at 12:33 PM.
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote