Thread: Reading speed
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 06:01 AM   #44
ST-One
Addict
ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Icarus8, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Well, the original statement being rebutted was "The people who claim they can read an entire book in a day can't enjoy that process, nor get the little subtleties of the language, the word-plays, IMO."

No mention of length of books or number of words - just a blanket statement that no-one reading one book in one day could be gaining enjoyment or appreciating subtleties. Not to mention the little dig at their honesty, by choosing the word "claim".
"claim", "say", "state", "write" take your pick.

I don't doubt that people can read that fast. I explained above why I don't think that reading that fast can be satisfying. YMMV.
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote