View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #281
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post

But, if there is no public harm in selling at a high price, why is there a public harm in driving other retailers out of business?
No one saw harm in hard backs going for $25 and more, with paper backs selling for less a year later. I never (almost never) bought the expensive version of the books and never considered myself harmed for havingt to wait. I merely bought books I was interested in that we're priced what I was willing to pay.

I never felt there was a right to have the cost of my books subsidized by Amazon.

On the other hand...I do feel that having only one book store to choose from is far more troubling. How powerful did amazon have to be that every single one of the largest 6 publishers all HATED Amazons pricing of the publisher's product but not a single one of the could do anything about it?

That kind of power in one company is far more troubling to me. As such, Appke selling music is much more worrisome than Apple selling ebook a ever was. It's kind of funny as Apple was the one keeping music prices lower than the Labels wanted
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote