View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 03:31 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfollowell View Post
If I have a top margin setup to set a gap between two paragraphs to setup a scene change for example, I would usually want that gap to be a consistent distance away depending on the size of the text. Typically, I like to see about 3em.
I agree. I was referring to page margins. They are what you don't want to scale with the text size.

But you're absolutely right in saying that there's no "one size fits all" solution. You want small page margins on a 6" reader - anything wider than a few mm is just wasting valuable screen estate. But a wider margin would look better on a 10" screen or a PC. Given, though, that most reading devices to have a 6" screen, it probably makes sense to optimise the reading experience for that environment.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote