View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #4
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
Until Apple gives us a reason to think otherwise, it could be equally true that Steve Jobs held back some innovative products whilst he was in control.
Perhaps, but I doubt they'd be withheld for over a year in a world in which old tech can be a matter of months or even days.

Quote:
They're milking their current product line with incremental improvements, but I don't think they'll stop innovating.
I don't think Mr. Meisler is saying the innovation will necessarily stop altogether. He's saying there hasn't been much evidence of it lately, and that firing Forstall wasn't the best way to cultivate it. Apple can't rely on Jonathan Ive's luscious minimalism any more to sell everything they make.

Quote:
My reason for not buying apple stock is that I can't see a sufficient continued growth that would provide a sizable return unless you invested heavily and at the current share price that would mean a significant investment and associated risk.
I tend to agree.

One thing I'm very happy about is Apple's expansion of their music division. They've been acquiring some rather interesting companies of late where Logic is concerned, and their discontinuation of discreet mastering and soundtrack software suggests total integration in Logic 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
Thanks for the link! Those concerns are fairly well-reasoned.
Mother of Scrod, people are being reasonable about Apple stock of late. It's as if the acknowledged fall has temporarily appeased the company's less rational foes and tempered its most abrasive loyalists.

Here's hoping that more of the same isn't too much to hope for.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 01-30-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote