View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #13
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
So it looks like all those of us who don't care for touch screens are being left behind. If you want the newest features - front lit, better screen - , you've gotta go touch.

I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like touch screens.
You are certainly not alone on that front. I've made a lot of e-noise about how I love my Kindle 4 because none of the menu options are touch screen.

I totally prefer not only "page turn" buttons, but cursor and menu buttons as well, and the K4 meets all those needs beautifully.

I don't do any "typing" or "note - taking" via my e-reader, and can't be persuaded to change my tune on this because that simply isn't what I want my e-reader for. I just want to load my books, and read them. Being able to share my joy with my 50000 imaginary friends on twitter or facebook can be done just as well when I am actually using either of those websites.

I hope that there is a glimmer of a chance that the physical models will remain on some level, and will be worth it for companies to produce. However, chances look slim.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote