View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 12:42 AM   #516
rpmazur
Connoisseur
rpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheese

Device: Calibre (for MAC), MoonReader (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
What do you think about that dune series?

I read that many years ago and I liked the first of the series but it all seemed to go down hill after the first installation in the series, however I like to hang in for the long haul so I read the whole series.
It's been a mixed bag of feelings on the series. Dune was awesome and Dune Messiah was a great sequel and kept me interested because I wanted to see how Paul's vision played out. Children of Dune was ok, not as catching as the first two. I was slightly captured by God Emperor of Dune but not that much and then I recently finished Heretics of Dune which I felt was better than God Emperor. I'm finally finishing off the series with Chapterhouse Dune so I can't really say about that one as of yet.

I haven't read any of the Brian Herbert Dune novels, but do have them on digits and will probably read those for the 2013 challenge. I have followed a thread on Goodreads.com (http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/729359) that has debated the best "order" to read the books and most people say to stop at Dune. Me, personally, I kinda want to see how it all plays out. I might be disappointed in the end of the series, as I was with Arthur C Clarke's Rama series, but that is another discussion for another time

Rob
rpmazur is offline   Reply With Quote