View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #45
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I like Sugarsync as well as Dropbox. The value in dropbox is that many applications recognise and work with it natively: eg, I use dropbox to store the information in Chronicle which I use to keep track of bills and when they are due. Because I have been working between two computers, this is invaluable, because Chronicle accesses its files direct from the dropbox folder. Likewise I store over 1500 ebooks there, too, and its a no brainer to get them into an ebook reader from dropbox on my ipad or iphone (and I still haven't gone close to filling my free 2G). I can do this with Sugarsync as well, and also Box.net which I was lucky enough to get a free 50G on...

iCloud is very useful if you use Pages or the other iwork files, ditto Notes and Textedit. You can also save your MS Office or Openoffice files to iCloud but its not seamless syncing as it is with the native apple apps.

I think theres room for using a variety of online storage solutions
Since I'm retired I don't have to sync between various computers and mobile devices so much anymore. That capability would have been great if it had existed in the 80s and 90s. Sigh. But you're right, using them all could be useful, particularly to students who are cash-limited. And those free storages add up, 5GB here, 5GB there, 3GB over there.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote