View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 06:30 PM   #5
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
It really is a personal matter. I found that reading books like any of the last four Harry Potter books, any of the Ice and Fire series, and increasingly any hard cover book was uncomfortable enough to interfere with the reading experience. For me, one advantage of eBook readers is their light weight and portability. You might try reading one of the big hard back books then switching to a smaller paperback to get a feel for the two sizes.

Frankly, I find the smaller screen easier to read too. The iBooks on the iPad can be turned to landscape and it displays in 'two page' mode like Adobe Acrobat can, and I find that easier to read than putting all on one page. But it is entirely personal. You could experiment with Acrobat in full screen and two-page mode also to get a feel for how the different screen sizes feel to you. (Just suggesting a trial. I don't think the DXG will display books in two-page mode like the iPad does though.)

In the end, it's a win win proposition.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote