View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordCountess View Post
This question is for children's book writers. How do you promote your work? As a children's book writer, I find it a bit difficult to promote my work- ecspecially online. Obviously my main target is parents and kids. But on the internet it's very hard to target kids- so you're literally limited to advertising just to parents/grandparents etc. What unique ways do you advertise your work? And how do you target the adults that are likely to buy a children's book?
Depends on a lot of things. Time and money and your attitude. Connections help too.

Set up a table/booth with signs, pictures, books etc., and you behind the table with a smile. Also a pile of simple cards with name, book website. Have someone take few pictures to show what you are going to do, and then try the local schools who have various events to see if they will allow you to set up at some kind of event, or even the PTA. Offer a share for each book sold. Likewise churches, and book stores. News papers and TV stations also. Especially look for those events that will attract adults and their kids. Fall Fairs, Spring on the commons, Christmas in the City, Haloween, Spring Harvest, Farmers Home Week, etc., Flea Markets, etc.

Imagination, hard work, and a good presentation as well as a little glib will take you far.

The point is have something besides a web site which is absolutely important.

Last edited by frahse; 02-10-2013 at 02:30 PM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote