View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #23
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
I was sort of surprised as well. Surprised that what started out as in idea to start a separate thread for the purpose of discussing Lolita, to discussing it as a selection in this book club, and then to doing so at the first opportunity by nominating it as a regional selection.
As I've said with my very first sentence here: I really didn't want to push anybody into any direction that he/she doesn't want. I had these two reasons to write my post:
- Not everyone does follow every thread here. I wanted to make them aware of this idea that arose in the other thread. I had the impression that the idea was well received there, but I might have erred.
- I personally think, one can't only praise an idea or discuss endlessly we could do this, we could do that, if the opportunity comes up, one should become active. That was all. It was a proposal and could well have been refused. And I didn't want to make any confusion with the regions. If Lolita doesn't fit this category, okay. Then we would have found a more fitting month.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote