View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #25
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Some good points that the review should be about the book, not the price or the format. But, for some people, the reviews are the only way they can make a point about pricing problems such as an ebook being priced higher than the paperback version.

Reviews are so subjective as to be nearly useless. I and my brother both read science fiction. He likes Jack L Chalker, and I am not a fan. I love Roger Zelazny's Amber series but my brother finds it just ok. Who's right? Me of course! Just kidding. The difference is a matter of taste.

I do sometimes look at aggregate reviews of a product, software program or app before I buy or download it as I do find that somewhat useful.

I don't think we were better off when professional reviewers were all we could read in newspapers and magazines because critics were notoriously wrong. Many times, a movie that critics panned became box office blockbusters. Critics often had an elitism or snobbery about books, feeling they should have some deep literary value - an approach that was useless in my favourite genres of science fiction and fantasy.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote