View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 11:13 PM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Cf. my last edit, hope that the telnetd is still up, or do a reset to factory defaults.

It won't uninstall the hack, but it will disable it.

As for the warnings, they're here, right at the top of the file...

Code:
# Take note that we're essentially a shell script, se we absolutely *MUST* use UNIX line endings!

# Tweak these to match your setup (Do NOT modify while usb over ethernet is enabled!)

[...]

# Allow SSH over WiFi
# NOTE: If you set this to true, the SSHD *WILL* check your passwords!
# Make sure you know your root password, or auth via shared keys!
# Leave it to false on non-WiFi devices

[...]

# Don't switch to Ethernet over USB, and only launch SSHD
# NOTE: Probably only useful with WiFi devices, so leave to false on non-WiFi devices

That, and also that, in the thread itself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Also note that, while there is a zipfile for the usbnetwok hack attached here, I won't provide any support for it, and I strongly discourage anyone not well versed in bare-bone Linux CLI system administration to even try it. It's far too easy to brick your device/mess up the software with that thing.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-18-2010 at 01:13 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote