View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 01:07 AM   #7
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
Ok, so I've had my Nook for a couple of days now and there's one thing bugging me.

It seems like the contrast isn't that great or maybe the content is to light. Is there any way to darken the content while keeping the background still white like paper?

Or do I have to look into something like the new graphite Kindle DX?
when you say the contrast isn't that great, are you comparing to any other e-ink reader of the same generation? if you are, I'd like to hear exactly which one you are comparing to. I compared for many months between different ereader devices and have owned quite some, I can honestly say the nook has the best screen contrast among the ones I tried. Now if you compare the nook to the new graphite Kindle DX which has the next generation e-ink technology called Pearl that claims to improve the contrast by 50%, obviously the new DX will win out easily. If you are comparing the nook or other ereader with real paper - stop right there, the e-ink (even the latest Pearl) is not as close as real paper, any cheapest paperback or oldest newspaper on recycled material still beats the Pearl nowhere, let alone the nook or Kindle 2 or Sony touch.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote