View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #201
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by heeby View Post
I believe you are correct. From my understanding it is not a law nor is disobeying a flight attendant illegal in this instance.
If you're in the US it's afaik a federal crime to disobey a flight attendant. Now if they instructed you to do something that put you or others at risk, I'm sure when it came to a trial you'd get off scott free and the flight attendant would be out of a job, but when it comes to them enforcing airline rules that are in place on the grounds of safety, I'd expect a court wouldn't be so lenient.

@ProfCrash: The reason they probably don't penalise not following the initial announcment is that it's easy for passengers not to hear it or claim they didn't. You don't have that luxury once a flight attendant has specifically told you. I would however be rather miffed if a plane was delayed because the attendant had to visit each passenger in turn to ask them to turn their device off.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote