View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 10:56 PM   #16
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerospinboson View Post
Creating file ... failed, error details follow.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "output.pyc", line 140, in generate_imp
File "win32com\client\__init__.pyc", line 95, in Dispatch
File "win32com\client\dynamic.pyc", line 98, in _GetGoodDispatchAndUserName
File "win32com\client\dynamic.pyc", line 78, in _GetGoodDispatch
com_error: (-2147221005, 'Invalid class string', None, None)

Creating Mobipocket ebook ... done.

can anyone tell me what might be going wrong here?
I see that you have an iLiad, and presume you are trying to produce a .prc file.

The only caveat here is that it needs some free software installed to produce the .opf file that is used by 'opf2mobi.exe' to produce the .prc.

Now, I looked at my documentation and I couldn't easily find reference to this. Sorry, I will make this more prominent now!
REQUIRED: You must have the eBook Publisher software previously installed to facilitate the conversions to .imp, .oeb and .prc.
BTW, the error you saw refers to a windows .dll interface call that failed (it was called from 'generate_imp' enroute to creating the .prc). You can install the (free) eBook Publisher software by going here. Then choose to download and install the current version ( Win_eBookPub_2.2.5.exe ).

p.s. there is a current limitation on image sizes (480 max. width) built into the 'opf2mobi.exe' program I am using. This causes larger white margins than it should. I will remove this restriction in the next release and replace 'opf2mobi' with html2mobi' to avoid the use of eBook Publisher when converting to .prc!

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-17-2008 at 08:22 AM. Reason: no longer require eBook Publisher for conversion to .prc
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote