View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #171
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I'm with Jon on this. Most if not all of the Agency books I am interested in went up substantially when the Agency agreement went into effect. I read mostly Science Fiction, Romance/Paranormal and History/Biography. No retailer discounts or coupons make the ebooks more expensive than their physical counterparts. I expect to pay more for History/Biography, smaller market but I have a dozen books on my wishlist and they have not come down in price. Even after the release of paperback versions.

My personal stance is to buy *used* Agency books when I absolutely want the book.
We are supposed to be getting a price drop when a new lower priced paper edition comes out. But in most cases it doesn't happen. Also, the price drop sometimes brings the eBook higher then the pBook (without any discounts). So what is the benefit to the consumer? There isn't any. To be honest, it's getting to the point that I an considering a trip to the dark side which is actually not as dark as it used to be and that the white light is turning a very dirty gray shade now.

If they want us to actually buy their product, they need to make it such that we want to buy it. They took what we were willing to buy and made it into something else.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote