View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #46
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank's View Post
We are pretty in the beginning of epub's reader and editor's. In only few years, I could imagen that even Word will be able to read and maybe to edit epubs without the need for any HTML code's.
I am sure of it, but it might be further of than you might think. Also I have doubts about the potential quality. If you see in how many ways you can f*** up a Word document without a problem, it does not bode well...

Quote:
Refering to ebook readers; they will be aplenty in color available soon too and in e-ink quality.
Doubtful. I have seen reports about color e-ink for many years already. So far not much. I would not be surprised if dedicated e-books will remain over for example 5 year.

Quote:
I think plenty of business people want to make notes and highlight text wile reading a ebook and maybe also have later the need of printing some of it out...
To be honest I make all kind of highlights and notes in PDF, but I never print them out. I almost never print anymore. In my experience there is less and less printing.

Quote:
Join Sigil & Calibre and make text highlighting possible and you're the best
Would would anybody join Sigil and Calibre? They are two totally different programs with different usages. Not even to speak different programming languages.
Calibre is more a library management tool with some conversion capabilities and Sigil an ePUB creation/editing tool. Both totally different.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote