View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 04:53 AM   #116
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
That's the one thing I miss from reading on my Treo with Mobi-pocket. The ability to scroll and never having to touch the page advance button. My new Sony doesn't do that, and I really miss it.

I'd be open to other technology if it could scroll.
None of the EPD (such as the Eink brand) panels can auto-scroll...yet...if you look at the speed of the demo's for the new Sony PRS900 it's obvious the ability is there, but the controllers as well as the display drivers need to evolve to make it happen. So it is going to happen, just not tomorrow but there is a good chance late this year or likely next year for sure. Problem is, rumor is that Mobipocket is on the way out so there is always the chance the latest mobipocket reader software will not run on your device of choice, especially considering that Mobipocket requires exclusivity for DRM'd content if the mfg wants Mobipocket's software on the device. so if the device has ADE then it will not support Mobipocket software and instead, rely on a 3rd party app like FBReader to read non-DRM MOBI format books...lots of BS involved for sure and all of it is bad for the consumer. It is also possible that device makers will not understand how useful auto-scroll actually is for users and/or adding auto-scroll to the reader software that does run on a given device, is not in their budget, at this microsecond anyway.

Anything with an LCD panel has the potential to be able to auto-scroll like a PDA. I love that feature on Mobi-reader on my Clie because the Clie has a "jog wheel" on the left side, where it belongs , letting you dynamically control the scroll rate.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote