View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #8
deddajay
Cynical Pragmatist
deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1 & PW2, Samsung Tab S7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I just add a tag of [AUDIO] to such entries.

You will tend to upset Calibre if you try and put something into the format column and there is no corresponding underlying file in the Calibre Library file system.
Thanks for the suggestion. I was originally looking at the template "if empty" in the format column as follows:

def evaluate(self, formatter, kwargs, mi, locals, val, value_if_empty):
if val:
return val
else:
return value_if_empty

I was trying to figure out a way for it to automatically show Audiobooks in the format column if the format itself was empty. I'm a bit clueless about expressions and getting in a right muddle with them.

I could use tags, but I wanted it to show up in the format column as I intend eventually to merge my audiobook library with my epub library. Using the format column would enable me to see which formats I have that particular book in when browsing through my books.

Thanks for your help.

UPDATE!

Have now discovered the new show icon in column feature and this has solved my problem. There is now a nice little speaker showing if the format is nil, so problem sorted.

Last edited by deddajay; 02-17-2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: UPDATE
deddajay is offline   Reply With Quote