View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #4
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoc View Post
Some time ago I asked, without any responses this question. I want to have a contact book that synchs with my Outlook Contact list. If I could have a calendar synch also that would be great. The synch could come from my PC Outlook or my iPhone, as the latter synchs with my PC. Suggestions?

It it's not possible to synch these regularly, is it possible to at least import the outlook/or iPhone Contacts to my Fire? In effect what I'm asking is how can I get my huge contacts on my Fire, one way or another? Synched, Imported, etc.

Should such questions be posed as a new thread or as part of tips and tricks?

kdoc
I'm running Outlook 2003 and it will not Export to a vCard format. That is what the Fires Contacts will import. Don't know what version you are running or if the newer versions of Outlook will Export to vCard. You could probably export your Contacts to a Windows comma separated value file and then import that to another program that will export to vCard.

I have Comcast as my ISP and I used the address book from there to import to the Fire. Comcast exported to vCard.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote