View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 05:02 PM   #76
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
^You were bored? That was quality entertainment. Nadal was lucky to escape without losing a couple of sets let alone the match. Tough to watch the guy melt down at the end, but I can empathize having played a lot of tennis as a kid.

Dang first round on the third day stuff. I'm already looking forward to some second round matchups, but there's still some stuff from the first round too:

Interesting matches today:
V. Williams versus S. Lisicki (22)
Isner (28) versus Baghdatis

And some interesting stuff for tomorrow:
Ferrer (5) versus Blake
Ljubicic versus Nalbandian
Tomic versus Cilic (this might be tiebreakers all the way)
Okay, the match wasn't boring per se. Nadal's opponent, whose name I've suddenly forgotten, just really irked me, as he had a million chances to win that match and didn't take a one of them.
I can't get into Nadal's matches. I have no idea why..I just never got caught up in him nor his accomplishments, which I recognize are many. He is a great player, I'm just not interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Easy win for Murray.

I'm saddened that Venus dropped out due to illness.
She's out!?! I just got home so I haven't had a chance to catch up with the day's matches. Did she even get on the court, or did she call a press conference? How is she ill, is it the virus, still?

I think Lisiki would have been a very difficult match up for Venus in any case.

Very glad to hear that Andy has won!! I should have the match recorded and can weather the Murray coaster , if there was one, with ease.

I'm curious to see how the Americans have done. I believe Roddick plays tonight.

Thank you for the updates!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote