View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #8
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But why is ADE using the bold font instead of the regular font? That's just odd. Anyway, I do see one major issue happening with ADE.
Sorry, I didn't feel like spending the time to figure out what is happening in the cascade of the style. But basically RMSDK partially read in the style sheet and got to a particular point and errored out. The style at that point indicated it should be bold. If you rejiggered the style sheet a bit, I bet you could avoid it (BTW just in case this is your style sheet there are some minor errors in the style sheet at lines 651, and 977,1657 ), but you can also avoid it by making sure it is UTF8 encoded without a BOM, so I didn't dig into much further.

Quote:
For example, I doubt Sony would update the 500, 505, 300, 600, 700, 650, 350, & 950 with a newer ADE. If Sony was to use a newer ADE, it would be on a newer reader. And this would mean when ePub is updated to use CSS3, and ADE follows, and publishers start using CSS3, all those Sony users would be stuck big time.
Well given Sony's track record for firmware updates (1 that I remember 500 -> 500A), I'm not going to argue about that. That's certainly something to keep in mind when shopping for devices

Quote:
I think Adobe should have made it mandatory for companies to update the ADE as they do as long as it would run on the given hardware. That way, we would not have to worry about updated spec with non-updated ADE.
And perhaps onerous requirements could've scared off the developers before the market got started --- there are arguments either way. Same arguments to be had here as there are for the various app stores, btw.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote