View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 07:32 AM   #1
Mikk
Mikk began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
new users questions!

Hello all together,

so i´m now the proud owner of an iliad and after playing some time with it (i love it!) some questions arose for me:

1. whats about iDS: is it for the software updates only or can i use it for other things aswell? (i mean whats this wakeup/download function for at all?)

2. how fast should the usb transfer from pc to iliad be? i have transfer rates of ~100kb/s in average. (only some files where really fast) also i have noticed that when copying my pc hangs for every filetransfer - no progressbar update during large file transfers, only after every file - might be a vista problem ?!?

3. as a result of 2: can i connect via wifi and send files to the iliad (faster) from pc?

4. are there tools which can autocrop pdf´s? i have acrobat pro and get fine results if i crop the white margins of big format pdfs by hand. (so i don´t need bookdesigner or others for reflowing). but an automatic solution for large numbers of pdfs would be fine.

5. for scanned pdfs (only fullscreen images): is there an optimizer for iliad aswell? (converting the images to correct resolution, 16 colors) i have some comics i would like to convert in batch aswell. (converting to image, and then using je-comic is working but time consuming)

thanks everyone for any answers

greetz!
Mikk is offline   Reply With Quote