View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Is V.C. Andrews laughably horrible or horribly delicious?

I just picked up "Heaven," volume 1 in her Casteel series.

I realize that Andrew Neiderman has been continuing many of her series' titles, but the fact is that when V.C. Andrews was alive and well - and very popular - I didn't read her at all. I was aware of her reputation, since I worked in a bookstore.

In fact, I've never read anything by her whatsoever. I was intent on reading Stephen King and Brian Lumley (and I still do read them).

However, I now find myself starting to read "Heaven," - because I'm a maschochist for dubious writings - and find myself laughing when I should not be....is that bad?

This is all deliciously fun nonsense.

What's your take on her and on all those series she's written - even posthumously written - with the help of Neiderman.

Well, thar ye go. What's yore opin'in?

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-14-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote