View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
I'm considering getting a Sony reader, mostly looking at the PRS-600 and was wondering if someone could explain the collections function on the Sony readers.

As I understand it, they will create groups of books filtering out all others not in the collection.

Does it create folders on the device and moves the books there, or would you class them as "virtual folders" and only tags them as being part of the collection?

The reason I would like to know is that I've got several series of books that are not all by the same author (e.g. Halo, AvP, Warhammer, Star Wars books, etc) and I'd like to have collections by author and by series. If the collections are virtual, then I will not need to duplicate books on the device so as to create the collection correctly.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Using the eBook Library, the collections are virtual. Only one physical copy of the book is kept and can be linked to any number of collections.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote