View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
KNI
Connoisseur
KNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Sony PRS-650
Possible Bug in new PRS-T1 firmware?

I just received a new PRS-T1. Immediately I downloaded and installed the new firmware. Then, I added a 4 gig Micro SD card. I formatted the card using the T-1.

I loaded several books onto the card, using Calibre. Problem! The T-1 shows the books as being new titles added. But I can not access them! When I try to, I keep getting Kipling's "Jungle Book," a freebie included on the reader by Sony.

I tried loading the books into the T-1 main memory - everything works fine. But books loaded into the memory card don't.

Here are the potential causes I can identify:
1) The reader is defective
2) The micro-SD card is defective.
3) There is a bug in Calibre.
4) There is a bug in the new firmware just downloaded.

I am not totally new to this - I have owned a PRS-505, a PRS-650 and now the PRS-T1.

I would very much appreciate anyone who has loaded the latest firmware in a T-1 and who has a Micro-SD card installed first please try reading a book loaded onto the card, and then try loading another book onto the card, preferably with Calibre, and see if my problem is repeated? I would surely appreciate it.

Cheers

KNI
KNI is offline   Reply With Quote