View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 10:24 PM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
Kill them? not exactly.

What it will do is force stogy old companies to compete with ever more new blood by lowering the barriers. The same as with music, video entertainment and books.

It could also crash the collectors market (which Marvel, DC, Image, Etc. get not cut of) if the mainline companies sell their back issues online at a price the public is willing to pay.

Color is needed, really I haven't seen black and white do well in recent decades, except for Love and Rockets which is sort of a noir lesbian soap opera thing. With fast enough page turns, I suspect that we could see new form factors experimented with - Perhaps stories told in panels of the now standard six inch form factor.

It will be fun to watch. It could also drain my fanboi bank account if they put back stock up at a good price.
Love & Rockets now there's a blast from my past. I think the first, and the last graphic novel I ever bought was a Love & Rockets one -- Ape Sex, I seem to recall the title being. Loved the artwork and the stories but never really got into the comic book/graphic novel thing after that.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote