View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 04:02 AM   #15711
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Next up is "The Accidental Time Machine", by Joe Haldeman.
I really enjoyed this one. A fun, classic time-travel story. A graduate student at MIT accidentally builds a time machine, but the problem is that it will only take him forwards in time. He has to travel further and further into the future, looking for a society which has the technology to send him back to his own time again. Well worth reading.

I should add that this is also the first "Gateway SF" book I've read that's been completely typo-free - it seems that, as they told me recently, their ebook production processes are indeed improving.

On next to "At Home", by Bill Bryson.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote