View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #250
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
I don't use OPDS, but in regards to custom columns, they can be used for anything. I've heard of the following types through out the forums here:
  • Last Changed (user controlled Last_Modified equivalent)
  • Complex Series (expanded series sequence: series1, 2 and 3 into a single column)
  • User Ratings (since downloaded ratings have to be in the official ratings column to work, this extra rating is for the reader's rating of the book - allowing comparisons)
  • DRM (ebook has DRM on it y/n)
  • Read (whether user has read the book; could be y/n, date, checkmark, etc)
  • Version Number (for those editing ebooks, keeping track of the version in their library)
  • Purchased From (which ebook retailer they purchased from in case of corrupted files)
  • First Publication Date (date of 1st ever release of a book; helps maintain correct chronological order)
I'm sure that their are many more possibilities but those are the only ones I can recall off the top of my head. I hope the list is of help to you.

Last edited by Sabardeyn; 01-19-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote