View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 05:18 AM   #78
blogbook
Groupie
blogbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blogbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blogbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blogbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blogbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blogbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blogbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blogbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blogbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blogbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blogbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, KF HD 8.9"
I think she never really said that Amazon remotely wiped her Kindle. It was more like "I cannot redownload my books because Amazon closed my account and I cannot access any local copies because my Kindle is broken". And after some rounds of chinese whisper through the "blogosphere" the part about the broken Kindle got lost.

If I correctly remember the last reported case of a closed account, Amazon refused to do any more business with the person concerned (=selling him stuff) but he kept access to his account and his already bought and paid digital goods: apps, mp3 files and ebooks.

The current case seems to be a string of botched CS actions to me: No real communication with the customer and total account lock.
blogbook is offline   Reply With Quote